[mapserver-users] Access to a remote raster file in wms-mapfile

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 4 12:03:14 EST 2010

David Alda Fernandez de Lezea wrote:

> I've got another raster file that I CAN access from my WMS an it's located in a mapped unit:
>
> DATA "\\iktfs1\Estatica$\ORTOFOTOS\Euskadi_2006_rgb_25cm_ed50.ecw"
>
> It's weird isn't it?? I guess it could be something related to the named units or something like that.
>
> More suggestions??

I think Jukka is right. This sounds very much like a permission issue.

The user running Apache would have permissions to access the remote
drive by share name, but not if you use the path with the IP address,
which may require different permissions.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/