[mapserver-users] msplugin_mssql2008 and getFeature()

Gabe Codina Gabe at Agtrix.com
Tue Feb 2 22:00:46 EST 2010

Hi All

I have a web mapping app based on ms 5.2.1 and php mapScript.  Our business
layers are stored in MSSQL2008 and were transferred from postgis some time
ago.

I have a requirement to highlight selected features on the map - the way
this used to work was I would add a highlight layer to the map and  addthe
selected features to it by using getShape and addFeature.

Using the mssql plugin my calls to getShape (and getFeature) always return
FALSE.  I know the features are there but they cannot be retrieved.

Info:

Sample data statement

    DATA "gExtent FROM (SELECT [iId],geometry::STGeomFromWKB([binExtentWKB],
4326) AS gExtent
      ,[cIdentifiers],[cLabel],[iSessionId] FROM
[Scratch].[tManagementUnitsGeometry] WHERE [iSessionId] = 310) AS FOO USING
UNIQUE [iId] USING SRID=4326"

Some Mapscript

               if ($resTileShpIdx){
                    $resShape = $qLayer->getShape($resTileShpIdx,
$resShpIdx);
                } else {
                    $resShape = $qLayer->getFeature($resShpIdx);
                }

		$newResLayer->addFeature($resShape);

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gabe Codina