[mapserver-users] mapscript does not use GRID information when reprojecting rect object - part 2

francesco francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Wed Feb 10 03:04:17 EST 2010

Hello list,
I posted a question 3 month ago and lost track of it and found that
Daniel Morissette answered practically the same day. So first of all
thank you Daniel, your help is greatly approciated, sorry for the
silence: second of all I pick up were I left off:

PROBLEM:
I have a mapfile with layers which use two projections:
*main project projection*
   PROJECTION
     "proj=utm"
     "zone=32"
     "ellps=WGS84"
     "datum=WGS84"
     "units=m"
     "no_defs"
   END
*layer projection*
     PROJECTION
       "proj=tmerc"
       "lat_0=0"
       "lon_0=9"
       "k=0.9996"
       "x_0=1500000"
       "y_0=0"
       "ellps=intl"
       "units=m"
       "no_defs"
       "nadgrids=lombardia_tot.gsb,null"
     END

Both do *not *use the epsg file. the layer is reprojected "perfectly"
(sorry for the non-carthographic emotional term) in the correct project
coordinates. Next step was to zoom to an object in the layer so I
calculated the minum bounding box of the object in the layer and
reprojected it to project coordinates so that I could zoom to the map
correctly. This works but does not consider the "nadgrids" parameter and
thus has quite an error (30 m). Daniel suggested that the PROJ_LIB
configure parameter might be different in the map and in the script. I
checked with a mapobj->configureoptions  and got back an empty array in
the script and in the mapfile. In my environment variables PROJ_LIB is
set to the correct folder contiaining the proj epsg & co. files.
I will keep trying and testing and let you know. It is quite strange,
almost like mapscript does not consider the "nadgrids" parameter in the
projection object. Will keep testing.
Cheers,
--
*Francesco Pirotti*