[mapserver-users] (no subject)

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 04:26:51 EST 2010

Dear list,
recently, I found an article that describes how to integrate an image file as a legend for the mapserver [1]. This exactly what I was searching for, therefore, I pasted the following lines into my mapfile (with some modifications for legendurl_href, of course). However, the map still shows the "normal" mapserver legend and not the desired image. The extra lines that are mentioned in the article mentioned before are:

Metadata
wms_style "default"
wms_style_default_legendurl_height "174"
wms_style_default_legendurl_width "270"
wms_style_default_legendurl_href
"http://yourwebserver/Suriname_legend.jpg"
wms_style_default_legendurl_format "image/jpeg"
END

I would be very happy to receive some comments or ideas on this issue.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

[1]
http://www.onegeology.com/docs/technical/Onegeology_CookBookV1.0_Guidebook.pdf