[mapserver-users] catalina.bat on sysdeo

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 11 14:43:07 EST 2010

Flavio Souza wrote:
> Hello , my name is Flávio
> I have a question
>
> I try run the servlet HelloServlet
>

> public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet {
>   public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req,
>                                          HttpServletResponse res)
>         throws ServletException, IOException
>   {
>     try
>             {
> ->               System.loadLibrary("mapscript");
>                 System.err.println("Loaded the Mapscript library");
>             }
>             catch (UnsatisfiedLinkError e)
>             {
>                 e.printStackTrace();
>             }
>
>       // mapscript
>       mapObj map;
>       map = new mapObj ("third.map");
>
> I get the following error: at System.loadLibrary("mapscript"); *
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript\java\mapscript.dll: Can't find
> dependent libraries
> 	java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
> 	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
> 	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
> 	java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
> 	java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
> 	edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.<clinit>(mapscriptJNI.java:23)
> 	edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapObj.<init>(mapObj.java:275)
> 	HelloServlet.doGet(HelloServlet.java:30)
> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>
> i am use sysdeo tomcat , and i am not know what i do

Hello Flavio,

I don't use Java MapScript, but I do package it for use in MS4W...but I
don't know if it is used frequently.  You can search the MS4W-users
mailing list to see Java questions
(http://old.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=16523&local=y&query=java)
but not many questions are asked for Java.  By the way you can also
search this MapServer-users list here:
http://n2.nabble.com/MapServer-f1969210.html

If you find a problem with Java mapscript in MS4W, you can report it in
its issue tracker
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=bugs.html) or send a
message to the MS4W-users list (subscribe at
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users).

thanks.

-jeff

--