[mapserver-users] Newbee, hello world problem! It used to work on my old system!

Ted Spradley tspradley at snoogems.com
Thu Jan 14 11:59:29 EST 2010

Hi,
Insert the 'magic string' <!-- Mapserver Template --> at the beginning of
all of your html templates and
// Mapserver Template at the beginning of any javascript templates you have.

Gazz1982 wrote:

> this error:msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. First token must be MAP, this
> doesn't look like a mapfile. seems to have fixed itself by adding the MAP
> tag but now it has a problem with the html file!

> magic string, /var/www/htdocs/hello.html doesn't look like a MapServer
> template.

-----
Thank you,
Ted S

MapServer version 5.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Linux/Fedora7