[mapserver-users] VRT / CSV data sources are not displayed in a layer

Stefan Schantz SSchantz at BfS.de
Wed Jan 20 10:32:12 EST 2010

Hello List,

The following layer uses a CSV-file (together with a VRT-File (Virtual
Format) ) as datasource . When I try to visualize the layer, nothing is
shown (neither the data nor error messages; shp2img shows also nothing)

LAYER
    NAME "boden"
    DEBUG on
    STATUS ON
    TYPE POINT
# DATA "/daten/csv/boden/boden" # Datenquelle Shapefile
    CONNECTION   "/daten/csv/boden.vrt"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:25832"
    END

    METADATA
        "WMS_TITLE"    "test"
        "WMS_SRS"   "EPSG:25832"
    "WMS_ABSTRACT"    "test"
        "WMS_FEATURE_INFO_MIME_TYPE" 'text/html'
    END

        CLASS
           NAME "test"
           STYLE
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 15
                COLOR 90 90 90
           END
        END
END

But if I transform the CSV/VRT-file into a Shapefile  via ogr2ogr

ogr2ogr -s_srs EPSG:25832 -t_srs EPSG:25832 -f "ESRI Shapefile" boden boden.vrt

the layer displays the data.
What is wrong with my VRT/CSV-datasource in the mapfile?

Thanks for any idea.

Best regards
Stefan