[mapserver-users] symbol circle (ellipse) rendered not round but oval

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Thu Jan 14 12:48:58 EST 2010

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> So if I want ten pixel ellipses with a 1, 2, or 3 pixels gap how would
> you specify that?
>
> points 10 10 gap 1 (or 2 or 3)?

Yes, if the rendering behaviour had been according to my
preferences,
POINTS 10 10 END
GAP 1 (or 2 or 3)
should do it (if you had specified SIZE 10 in the STYLE).
You specify the gap, and not the centre to centre distance
between the ellipses.

But currently, this is not the behaviour.
Currently (with AGG in 5.6.0) you would have to specify:
POINTS 10 10 END
GAP 6 (or 7 or 8)
to get something close (if you specify SIZE 10 in the STYLE).

Something seems to be wrong when the GAP is close to
half the diameter specified in POINTS - some of the gaps
will be as expected, while others are larger (closer to the
actual number specified in GAP).

Håvard