[mapserver-users] drawQuery error on dynamic layer

will.swan at ymail.com will.swan at ymail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:44:31 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm using mapscript c# to add a point shapefile layer dynamically to an
existing map.  When I do a select by Rect/Shape I get results, but
calling map.drawQuery() gives me the ol' "Attempted to read or write
protected memory" error. I can retrieve the shape and read the values,
so the queryByShape/Rect is working.

Is this a known issue or just not supported for dynamic layers? (BTW I
get the same when I try it on a SQL Server Layer using the plugin dll).
*  I'm using dlls from build (MSVC2008 (Win32) -stable
release-1500-gdal-1-6-mapserver-5-6.zip).

Adding shapefile snippet:
                 layerObj layer = new layerObj(Map);
                 layer.connectiontype = MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_SHAPEFILE;
                 layer.type = MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POINT;
                 layer.data = tagFilename;
                 layer.status = mapscript.MS_ON;
                 layer.name = LayerName; etc.

Any help appreciated.