[mapserver-users] Re: Python mapscript throwing "PostGIS support is not available" error

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:11:58 EST 2010

Well, I've fixed this, but I had to remove the entire build dir and
recompile.  I'm guessing that when ./configure is run the first time, it
creates some sort of mapscript file used later by distutils when Python
mapscript is built.  I can't prove it, and I don't have the time to keep
re-testing, but it appears that neither running "make clean", or recompiling
makes a difference once that file is present.