[mapserver-users] follow-up on OGC compliancy

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 2 09:30:53 EDT 2010

On 02/07/2010 6:49 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> a follow-up on this e-mail from Daniel Morissette:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org/msg08668.html
>
> Is there still the plan to get the official stamp from OGC on WMS compliancy? Any timeline?
>
> Is there still work ongoing for WFS compliancy, or does this need sponsorship to actually happen? Also, I assume it is technically viable to have Mapserver WFS 1.1 compliant, or are there big / impossible hurdles to be taken?

  There was  some effort put toward wfs 1.1 compliancy tests with
several elements identified and corrected. Summary of this effort is
described here [1].
  There is still substantial work to be done to be able to pass the
majority of the tests (things such addressing  mandatory/non mandatory
attributes, support of Xpath expressions, support of the Sort operator,
encoding comes into mind).  I believe there will still be some issues
with some of the tests that we found were inconsistent (although I have
not followed the details, note that CITE has done some work to
upgrade/correct the tests). There will be some effort toward this again
sometime before the 6.0 release.

[1]:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/MapServerOGCCITEComplianceWFS110Notes

best regards.