[mapserver-users] Render S-57 layers? especially SOUNDING.

easyl thlin.box at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 07:51:39 EDT 2010

I have a large amount of S-57 files. How can I efficiently set them up in
MapServer?

I am trying using ogr2ogr to convert S-57 to Shapefile and to merge those
shapes with the same S-57 layer and same geometry type together.

One problem is how can I map the type correctly between S-57 / shapfile /
mapserver?

the types supported by OGR are:
NONE, GEOMETRY, POINT, LINESTRING, POLYGON, GEOMETRYCOLLECTION, MULTIPOINT,
MULTIPOLYGON or MULTILINESTRING.

and by MapServer:
TYPE [point|line|polygon|circle|annotation|raster|query|chart]

Running ogrinfo on a S-57 file:
> ogrinfo XXXXXXXXX.000
1: DSID (None)
2: ADMARE (Polygon)
4: BCNCAR (Point)
15: CBLSUB (Line String)
50: SOUNDG (3D Multi Point)

Especially the SOUNDG with "3D Multi Point". How should I map it in
MapServer?

thanks