[mapserver-users] RE: How to draw custom rectangles with bounding box coordinates

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Wed Jul 7 09:30:03 EDT 2010

A while back I did this as an experiment to see where users were looking
on my server, so I grabbed the BBOX info from the apache logs for all
map requests and inserted them into PostGIS, then set up a layer (in
GeoMoose) to view them on top of my basemap.   Worked like a charm,
never automated it, but it would be easy to do it.   You would also
likely want to limit the total number of polygons i the database to
something sane, or over time you would swamp the database with data.

Your question was a bit vague on how much detail you were looking for.
I don't know you level of experience either.  I used PERL to load the DB
and MapServer/GeoMoose to handle the display aspects.

bobb