[mapserver-users] A new (I think) question about Mapfilefiltering. . .

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jul 7 15:19:56 EDT 2010

James,

I went with basically your suggestion.  Got it to work nicely.

Thanks all.

Now on to Railroad Right of Way . . .

bobb

>>> "James Card" <James.Card at calcad.com> wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:46:46 -0700, Bob Basques
<Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

> I'm just trying to paint (with grey coloring) the areas in the City that
> are NOT Parcels, or should be considered public Right of way.

Our approach to this is to make the background color of the map a light
gray color, and make the parcel polygons a light orange, tan, or yellowish
color with opacity set to about 50%. If we have a single polygon that
represents the city boundary it typically gets a white color. The opacity
values of each of these layers gets adjusted if we also have aerial photos
to display under them.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.