[mapserver-users] How to use moveLayerUp

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 13 20:29:48 EDT 2010

One thing that I have done is clone or copy a layer and add it to the map
object.  This puts the new layer at the end of the layer list thus it is the
last one drawn.  What I've been doing is using the new layer to show the
selected items from that layer with a new class.  For example, the original
layer shows all parcels and the new layer shows the selected ones.  To make
this work, I remove all the classes from the cloned layer and add the new
class which describes the new colors for the selected items.

I'd give an example, but I'm at home answering this.

Worth