[mapserver-users] Fast-CGI mode on Ubuntu

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 23 11:40:56 EDT 2010

Jeff Dege wrote:
> I'm running MapServer version 5.6.1 on Ubuntu 10.04, using the default
> configuration as created by the Ubuntu repository packages.  According
> to "mapserv -v", the executable is compiled to support fast-CGI mode.
> That doesn't mean it's configured to support it.
>

> Can anyone tell me whether the default configuration of mapserv on
> Ubuntu uses fast-CGI?  Or point me to some decent documentation on how
> to change it so that it is, if it isn't?

Jeff,

If you see FASTCGI mentioned in the mapserv -v report then the mapserv
executable has what is needed.  You still need to have the fastcgi extension
in Apache, and things configured there to use it.  More information on
MapServer and FastCGI is available at:

   http://mapserver.org/optimization/fastcgi.html

Best regards,