[mapserver-users] UK Ordnance Survey MasterMap Cartographic Text orientation display problem

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Jul 26 16:19:33 EDT 2010

Don't recall seeing a reply to the list so just in case. Preprocessing is the way to go if you're using shapefiles. In PostGIS you
could apply the correction on-the-fly.

One other comment, that may or may not be relevant without seeing the whole mapfile. You'll find that string based expressions will
execute faster that the logical variety:

e.g.:

CLASSITEM ' descriptiv'
CLASS
  NAME 'Tidal Water'