[mapserver-users] Raster data performance

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 28 10:07:06 EDT 2010

On 10-07-28 09:25 AM, Tobias Weiß wrote:
> The major brake still is the expression stuff. I really wonder what
> makes this task so time-consuming, it should not be more than a simple
> comparison.
>
> Do you have experiences with this issue? Or do I have to live with
> this constraint?

With vector data but not raster.  What I did is reorder the data by
classification fields and reorder the CLASS objects in the mapfile with
the topmost having the more number of features to bottommost the less.
I'm not sure how you could do that with rasters though.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears