[mapserver-users] Raster data performance

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Jul 28 10:09:53 EDT 2010

I don't know anything about your work flow, but if possible, you could add a pre-processing step where you use a script to read your text file and pre-classify the data.  You would end up with integers representing each class as 'cell' values.

Instead of :
EXPRESSION([pixel] >= -4 AND [pixel] < -3)

You could have: EXPRESSION "2"
Or
EXPRESSION /2/

Matching a single string should be the fastest expression to evaluate.

David.