[mapserver-users] mapserver >= 5.6 and querys via php-mapscript

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jun 10 11:01:17 EDT 2010

Sven Schroeter wrote:

> My problem: using ms 5.6 the shapeindex ($result->shapeindex;) is only
> an temporal arrayindex (0-x) and not the "real" shapeindex I get with
> mapserverversions < 5.6.
> How can I get the "real" shapindex of my shapes using ms 5.6? I need
> this for pointing on single shapes in another program.

I don't think there is any way to get the "real" shapeindex unless you
have an id field in the data itself. You could file a ticket about this,
but for some data sources, such as Postgis, Oracle Spatial, and many OGR
ones, there is no concept of absolute record id, so if something was
added, it would very likely work only for shapefiles

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/