[mapserver-users] mapserver >= 5.6 and querys via php-mapscript

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Jun 10 13:54:29 EDT 2010

The concept changed in 5.6 to support improved query performance, especially for RDBMS data sources. It's been a bit of
a cluster though and interpretation of $result->shapeindex varies by 5.6.x version and driver. We'll get this straightened
out and simplified in 6.0. Addressing 5.6.3 only:

-          shapeindex should hold the global record index for a shape

-          tileindex should hold the result set record index for a shape (for RDBMS data sources, e.g. Oracle and PostGIS only)

There still may be inconsistencies with OGR-fronted RDBMS sources.

Steve