[mapserver-users] Polygon outline not drawn in PDF output if polygon is not filled

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 11 14:11:36 EDT 2010

Hi There,

The first issue with the color/fill-color seems to be a defect.
  This second issue with the Width parameter is due to the fact that
the  parameter is not supported in the PDF driver.

The intention is to depreciate the current PDF support and use the Cairo
PDF driver for the 6.0 release [1]. At that point we should have support
for things like width, color/fill-color, ... be consistent between all
output drivers. You could maybe try using MapServer from svn and try the
Cairo support and see if that solves your immediate needs.

regards,

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/60ReleasePlan

> Case 1: Unfilled polygon, PDF output: As written above, the PDF output is empty. This is the problem case.
>
> Case 2: Filled polygon, PDF output: If the "#COLOR" line is uncommented, the green-filled polygon, complete with red outline, is drawn.
>
> Case 3: Unfilled polygon, PNG output: If I switch to PNG output (by uncommenting the OUTPUTFORMAT for PNG and commenting-out the PDF one) and revert to "#COLOR" (thereby disabling polygon fill), the unfilled red outline is drawn in the PNG output.
>
> Case 4: Filled polygon, PNG output: With PNG output and fill COLOR enabled, the filled green polygon with red outline is drawn to the PNG output.
>
> Is this a defect? Could you suggest a work-around for unfilled polygon PDF output?

This seems to be a defect
> A secondary observation: Using a filled polygon for PDF, use of a "WIDTH" parameter appears to have no effect upon the width of the outline.
>

> I'm using MapServer version 5.6.3 (MS4W distribution) under Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3. The problem was demonstrated with use of the "drawmap.exe" command-line utility.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Phil Anzel

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst