[mapserver-users] Is there a problem with layers when serving WMS?

Jeff Dege jeff.dege at korterra.com
Fri Jun 25 11:19:57 EDT 2010

I loaded the map into an openlayers mapping website, zoomed until I saw the spurious labels.  I then saved one of the 200x200 pixel tiles.  I examined the saved tile, to confirm that the extra labels were present.

Then I used the openlayers lat/lon tool to identify the corners of the saved tile.  I ran shp2img to create an image with a matching size and extent, using version MapServer Version 4.8.4 on Windows, and then again using MapServer version 5.6.1 on Ubuntu.

In both cases, the road geometry matched that of the tile I had saved.  The labels, though, were very different.  Using shp2img 4.8.4, the labels were closely aligned with the roads.  Using shp2img 5.6.1, one of the labels was placed well away from the road feature that was associated with it, and one label appeared for a featured that didn't appear in the image at all.

The label specification I'm using:

			LABEL
				COLOR 175 140 29
				OUTLINECOLOR 239 233 242