[mapserver-users] Raster Display Performance

Medve Zsolt medvezs84 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:46:44 EST 2010

Hy all!

I would like to ask for a help. I have a dataset. 30 pieces of Tif file,
aproximately 240 MB each.
I make a layer in the map file:

         LAYER
             NAME "something"
             STATUS ON
             TILEINDEX "sh.shp"
             TILEITEM "Location"
             TYPE RASTER

             METADATA
                 "DESCRIPTION"   "Something too"
                 "ows_title"     "dem"
             END
         END

I use this in the pmapper framework.(But its doing the same thing in
ka-map either) But its apeaars very slowly and when i panning its reload
all and its very slowly too.. i would like to tune up the performance
somwhow.
I am looking the gdaladdo program, because mapserver documentation
suggest it. But when i tried the given examples
(http://www.gdal.org/gdaladdo.html) it wont work, or i dont know what to
see, Its just do nothing i think..

Can anybody help me on this? Or any method to make a better performance?
please!

thanks,
Zsolt