[mapserver-users] QGIS MapServer Export error

Scarlett Jiang jiangtianscarlett at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:53:06 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I have encountered a problem while trying to export map files from QGIS using "MapServer Export" plugin.

The mapfile that I got back cannot be viewed using shp2img utilities. I got an error saying : "msLoadMap(): Regular expression error. MS_DEFAULT_MAPFILE_PATTERN validation failed. msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String failed expression test. " In addition, when I tried displaying the mapfile obtained from QGIS through openlayers, I got blank gray images. I have also tried removing all the layer info in the mapfile, but still got the same error.

However, if I write a mapfile by myself, then the shp2img utility works fine. Is there any problem with the QGIS MapServer Export plugin? Or have I done anything wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Scarlett