[mapserver-users] WMS identify within ArcGIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 11 00:47:55 EST 2010

On 10-11-11 6:57 AM, Mark Volz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to set up Mapserver as a WMS server. Currently I can draw
> maps. However, I am having trouble getting the server to support
> Identify, specifically within ArcGIS.
>
> Does anyone have an example map file and template that allows WMS
> Identify in ArcGIS.

One of the demo examples in the MapServer documentation
(http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?) has a "cities" layer that is
configured for GetFeatureInfo text/plain and text/html requests (meaning
that layer has "DUMP TRUE" set).   Does that demo service work for you
in your GIS ?

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna