[mapserver-users] CGI wrapper scripts

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 17 15:15:57 EST 2010

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !redirected
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} session=([a-z0-9]+)&.*map=([a-z0-9-_]+)&
RewriteRule ^.*$ %{REQUEST_URI}?redirected=true&map=/tmp/sess_%1/%2.map&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !redirected
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} map=([a-z0-9-_]+)&.*session=([a-z0-9]+)&
RewriteRule ^.*$ %{REQUEST_URI}?redirected=true&map=/tmp/sess_%2/%1.map&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

You could do something similar for just obscuring the map= part

RewriteEngine on

# if not redirected and contains map= then fire a 403 error
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !redirected
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} map=
RewriteRule mapserv %{REQUEST_URI} [F]

# if not redirected and no map= redirect to mapserv with map=
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !redirected
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !map=
 RewriteRule gmap /cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?redirected=true&map=/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.map&%{QUERY_STRING}

then any requests with map= in them will be forbidden unless they also contain 'redirected'

http://server/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=  <- will be forbidden

and requests for gmap will be redirected to mapserv.exe with map=/ in them

http://server/cgi-bin/gmap? <- redirected

In a production environment you would change 'redirected' to some random, unguessable string in the 3 places it occurs

Cheers

Paul