[mapserver-users] Re: EPSG:4326 with WMS 1.3.0

vheurteaux vincent.heurteaux at geomatys.com
Sat Nov 20 06:09:49 EST 2010

Hello Jukka,

You said "You may see rotated maps if you open gml vector data returned by
WFS 1.1.0 service with a client than can't handle axis flipping but that is
a client error".

Do we agree that the server is expected to return a rotated map, and that
the client is expected to put it back in the right orientation?

Do we agree that on a client with no such capability (for example when
viewing the image directly in the internet browser), the image in EPSG:4326
shall appear rotated?

Cheers
Vincent