[mapserver-users] LABEL POSITION - Numeric or String from a database

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 05:21:36 EST 2010

Hi List,

I am trying to change a LABEL's POSITION by using an integer without
success.

As far as I can see, the LABEL's POSITION can be any one of the following
constants: enum MS_POSITIONS_ENUM {MS_UL=101, MS_LR, MS_UR, MS_LL, MS_CR,
MS_CL,
MS_UC, MS_LC, MS_CC, MS_AUTO, MS_XY , MS_FOLLOW};

I was assuming that I can replace UL with "101" i.e. instead of "POSITION
UL" I use "POSITION 101" but that doesn't work.

I have also tried replacing "POSITION UL" with text values from a database
i.e. "POSITION [AnchorPositionTxt]" where "AnchorPositionTxt" is a string
'UL' but, again, that doesn't work.

Is there a way to set this value dynamically from the database with either
numbers or strings ('UL', LR, etc...)?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald Kerr