[mapserver-users] ESRI binary grids RRD files ?

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 04:13:45 EDT 2010

Frank,

I've left those RRD and I suspect that for some reason the pyramids are not
read... In fact the performance is very good for zoomed in views (street
level)... but it is very slow for zoom out views (city level)...  and I can
see the IO working very hard...

is there any way to see if MapServer/gdal is reading the pyramids correctly
?

thanks

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>wrote:

> Sebastian E. Ovide wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> ESRI Binary grids contains a bunch of adf files and rrd files that I
>> believe contains pyramids.
>> Does MapServer needs those rrd files ? the question is because they are
>> very big !
>>

> Sebastian,
>
> Yes, MapServer will take advantage of .rrd overviews for ESRI binary grids.
> You can delete them but in some cases performance will suffer.
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com

Sebastian E. Ovide