[mapserver-users] MapServer Windows7 EasyPHP setup

Greg Luker gluker at scu.edu.au
Mon Oct 25 17:17:03 EDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

At 12:45 AM 26/10/2010, you wrote:
>MS4W should have no problems running on Windows7.  Yes MS4W does
>configure Apache and PHP for use with MapServer.  I recommend that
>you try the MS4W package, and then if you run into any questions
>jump on over to the MS4W users mailing list and fire your questions
>there (subscribe at http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users).

Thanks, I've got it working now. I originally tried EasyPHP because
MS4W had problems on a colleagues Win7 system. I successfully
installed MS4W and MySQL (both worked separately), but initially had
problems with browser access to MySQL (eg with phpmyadmin) that were
cured when I fixed a Win7 curiosity -
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts requires the 127.0.0.1
localhost line to be un-commented (which used to be the default on
older windows versions).

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Luker