[mapserver-users] Specify NODATA for 3 bands?

Mark Korver mark at spatialcloud.com
Sat Sep 18 01:38:55 EDT 2010

I think your "halos" are blacks that are not pure black. Not 0/0/0,
just close.  This is a compression artifact. I think the same thing
also happens with jp2 CCMs.
The NAIP CCMs/or County Compressed Mosaics were never meant to be
mosaicked together like this.  They are a deliverable at the county
level, not the state.

MapServer as far as I know will only do 0/0/0 and does not have a
feature to make that fuzzy.

You may have seen page, written some time ago, that speaks to this
problem -  http://sites.google.com/site/bpederse/caliwms

The vertical and horizontal banding in the California case is related
but diff from the halo effect. That is because with the large counties
are cut into smaller sids in order to keep file sizes under control.
That in combination with re-projecting the data causes issues with
no-data areas.