[mapserver-users] Specify NODATA for 3 bands?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Sep 18 03:40:49 EDT 2010

On 9/17/2010 10:38 PM, Mark Korver wrote:
> I think your "halos" are blacks that are not pure black.
> Not 0/0/0, just close.

Thanks so much for the link to bpederse's article. The simple addition
of "OFFSITE 0 0 0" replicated the effect I wanted, and with his
"fuzziness hack" this will be even better. I'm having some other issues,
but will bring them up when I've characterized them better.

Though I am still curious about the specific issue I was seeing. If the
bands' values were 0/0/1 or similar, then combining BAND directives
should have given me mixed cases where the black areas vanished or
appeared, depending on which band was selected, yes? Instead, I was
getting very clear cases of no-black for any 2 bands and yes-black for
all 3.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."