[mapserver-users] Specify NODATA for 3 bands?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Sep 18 00:28:46 EDT 2010

Hey guys.

I have some NAIP imagery in MrSID format. It displays, but the black
area where counties meet is really ugly. The MrSIDs are 3 one-byte
bands: R/G/B The bands do not specify a NODATA but I figure that 0/0/0
(all black) may be usable as a NODATA value, via a PROCESSING directive.

It works nicely, suppressing the black halos and making the
almost-seamless effect where the counties intersect. BUT... it only does
so if I don't show all 3 bands. If I specify any combination of BAND
directives, I get a greyscale image (of course) and the NODATA works
(black halos are gone, so counties are near seamless).
    PROCESSING "NODATA=0"
    PROCESSING "BANDS="1,2"
    #PROCESSING "BANDS="3"
    #PROCESSING "BANDS="1,3"

But, if I do not specify the BAND or if I specify all 3 bands, I get the
black halos as if the NODATA were not specified. What gives? Is there
something special I must do to have the NODATA take effect for 3 or more
bands?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."