[mapserver-users] Different OUTPUTFORMAT options for each layer in a mapfile

turtlewax frankhevans at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 17:06:39 EDT 2010

I need to serve up NITFs through mapserver. There is an accuracy issue in the
GDAL NITF driver. Unless you specify the GEOLOB TRE, GDAL just writes
IGEOLO, which doesn't have enough decimal places for sub-meter accuracy.

Based on testing, I could tell MapServer/GDAL to write the GEOLOB (see
example below). But the location info is unique to each raster, hence the
OUTPUTFORMAT options would be different for each layer.

QUESTION:
I could store each raster in its own mapfile, so it would have its own NITF
OUTPUTFORMAT settings. Is there any other option?

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME NITF
    DRIVER "GDAL/NITF"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    MIMETYPE "image/nitf"
    EXTENSION "ntf"
    FORMATOPTION "BLOCKXSIZE=1024"
    FORMATOPTION "BLOCKYSIZE=1024"
    FORMATOPTION
"TRE=GEOLOB=073932800080076800-136.9774560321+045.1446198929"
  END