[mapserver-users] wfs filter request

Holger Porath porath at web.de
Thu Sep 30 03:43:55 EDT 2010

Hi again!

We are still having issues with using mapserver 5.6.5 as a wfs server
together. When we submit a wfs getfeature filter request mapserver
doesn't use the filter in the sql statement. It just searches all the
objects in the database and applies the filter on the result. Thus, we
are getting a timeout.

Here is our filter request:

Filter=<Filter><PropertyIsLike wildCard="%" singleChar="?"
escape="ESC"><PropertyName>FS_FSZ</PropertyName><Literal>111</
Literal></PropertyIsLike></Filter>

As you can see the filter for the attribute "FS_FSZ" is set to "111".

The debug log shows that this isn't used in the sql at all: Using this
Sql to retrieve the data : SELECT fs_id, FS_GKNR, FS_FLNR, FS_FSZ,
FS_FSN, FS_FSSTATUS, FS_ID, FS_FSRWERT_ABS, FS_FSHWERT_ABS,
fs_koordinate FROM os_flst
I expected to see a where clause like the following: where fs_fsz like
"111"
When we switch back to mapserver 5.0.0 we see the correct where clause
in the debug log. So what are we doing wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Holger

This is how our layer definition looks like:
LAYER
	NAME "test_flst"
	 METADATA
		 "wfs_extent"	 "3410000 5470000 3666000 5726000"
		 "wfs_title"	 "test_flst"
		 "gml_featureid"	 "fs_id"
		 "gml_include_items"	 "all" # optional
	 END # of METADATA
	 TYPE POINT
	 STATUS ON
	CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
	 CONNECTION	 "user/pass at service"
	 DATA	 "fs_koordinate from os_flst USING UNIQUE fs_id NONE"
	 PROJECTION
		 "init=epsg:31467"
	 END # of PROJECTION
	 DUMP TRUE