[mapserver-users] SLD filter does not work with attribute values like '04.186.1.004'

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Apr 4 09:45:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have shapefiles with a string type attribute field and the values in
that field are numbers separated with points, for example
'04.186.1.004'. Now we have troubles with doing SLD filtering by the
values.

This filter does not work
<ogc:Filter><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo><ogc:PropertyName>JARVINUMER</ogc:Pro
pertyName><ogc:Literal>04.186.1.004</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo
></ogc:Filter>

I can make the SLD to work by editing the source data so that the
JARVINUMER is like K04.186.1.004 or 041861004 and changing the filter
accordingly.  Editing shapefile to have the attribute value like
4.186.1.004 makes SLD to fail again.

I tried what happens when I filter the layer in the mapfile by adding a
CLASSITEM and EXPRESSION and ask Mapserver to send GetStyles for this
filtered layer.  The result was exactly the same than my original filter
(or almost, Mapserver is sending the PropertyName as lower case
><ogc:PropertyName>jarvinumer</ogc:PropertyName>). Both upper case and
lower case PropertyNames do work in the filter. I am not sure if they
should but my main problem is that the filter with
number-dot-number-dot-number does not work at all. Is this possibly
something worth making a bug report?  The Mapserver versions I was
playing with were 5.6 and 6.0 beta4. They behaved in a similar way.

-Jukka Rahkonen-