[mapserver-users] MapServer 6: outputformat gd/jpeg missing

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Apr 5 09:30:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am not sure if there is yet a 6.0 doc on that. Here is what I can see
browsing through the code.

  This list gives you the output format names that are defined in
MapServer and the driver used to render them.

- name: png;  dirver is AGG; mime type is image/png; produces 24bit png
- jpeg; AGG;  image/jpeg; jpeg output
- gif; GD; image/gif; gif output
- png8; AGG;  image/png; mode=8bit; QUANTIZED automatically to produce
8bit png;
- png24; AGG; image/png; mode=24bit; same as png-24bit png
- pdf; CAIRO; application/x-pdf;
- svg; CAIRO; image/svg+xml
- cairopng; CAIRO; 24bit png
- GTiff; GDAL/GTiff, image/tiff
- kml; Mapserver native; application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml
- kmz, Mapserver native; application/vnd.google-earth.kmz

You can also define output blocks in the map file as before. Here are
some of them I see in the code.
   -  gdal/xxx : where xxx is the gdal driver
   - dirver TEMPLATE  (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-36.html)
  - ogr outputs for WMS
(http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/output/ogr_output.html)
- cairowinGDI; CAIRO/WINGDI
  - cairowinGDIPrint; CAIRO/WINGDIPRINT
  - oglpng24;  OGL/PNG

Note that there might be docs explaining/giving details on each of
them.  I might also have missed some of them. An explicit doc on oputput
format is needed I believe for the 6.0 release.

Assefa

On 05/04/2011 7:25 AM, fruitwerks wrote:
> The only recent mention of jpg I see is:
>
> "AGG/PNG and AGG/JPEG are the only valid agg drivers.  Imagetypes
> aggpng24 and aggjpeg can be used to refer to the default output
> formats."
>
> Is there a documentation for 6 yet? I know there are a few migration /
> quirk / changes texts, but I was unable to find full blown
> documentation.
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Johannes Smith<johannes.smith at ymail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi, trying MapServer 6 beta 4 I recognized that output format gd/jpeg is no
>> longer supported. Instead there's agg/jpeg. Is that intended? J.

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/