[mapserver-users] label placement problem

Raivo Alla snaperski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:34:14 EDT 2011

Hello!

I am using MapServer 5.4 and right now I'm facing with label positioning
problem.
Any help solving that would really be appreciated.

1. I have lots of buildings address points... so for example if two nearby
located buildings at the crossing of "Some_street" and "Some_other_street"
have both same house numbers (for example "1") then the MINDISTANCE 30
declaration will cancel one label out.
2. I cannot remove MINDISTANCE neither since in many cases I have large
building complexes where multiple buildings share same address label.
And I want mapfile to declare some distance between those addresses that
logically will mark the same address object.
3. In my buildings_addresses (points) file I do have attribute, which I
could use to separate those two kinds of duplicate labels,
but MapServer doent seem to support rendering them differently in a such
way.... Or am I wrong?

My LABEL definition:
            LABEL
                TYPE truetype
                ANTIALIAS true
                FONT "arial"
                COLOR 50 50 50
                SIZE 9
                priority 1
                ANGLE [POORDENURK]
                MINDISTANCE 30
                OUTLINECOLOR 220 220 220
                POSITION cc
                BUFFER 2
            END

Hope that there will be some kind of solution here.

Sincerely,
Raivo Alla