[mapserver-users] 16 Bit PNG Output

kaipi mapcollect at gmx.net
Thu Apr 7 08:19:29 EDT 2011

I am not able to output elevation data as 16 Bit PNGs. Is Mapserver not able
to to this ?
I tried with a current version of Mapserver on Windows and on Linux. I tried
WMS and WCS requests - but I always get 8 Bit PNGs back although I have
configured 16INT. Other formats like GTiff or Esri Bil work fine with 16Int.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

kaipi

Here is my mapfile:

  [...]

  OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME 'tif'
   DRIVER GDAL/GTIFF
   IMAGEMODE INT16
   MIMETYPE "image/tif"
  END

  OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME 'pngint16'
   DRIVER GDAL/PNG
   IMAGEMODE INT16
   MIMETYPE "image/pngint16"
  END

  [...]

LAYER
    NAME "SRTM30"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    DUMP TRUE
    METADATA
    "wcs_rangeset_name"   "Range 1"               ### required to support
DescribeCoverage request
    "wcs_rangeset_label"  "My Label"              ### required to support
DescribeCoverage request
    "wcs_label" "SRTM WCS TIF Server"
    "ows_extent" "-180 -90 180 90"
    "wcs_resolution" "0.0083 -0.0083"
    "ows_srs" "EPSG:4326"
    END

    STATUS default
    TYPE RASTER
    DATA "S:\dem\srtm\srtm30\SRTM30_16b_BIL_GM.TIF"

    CLASS
    END
  END

  [...]