[mapserver-users] Transparency of overlapping PNG-symbols [solved]

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Mon Apr 11 03:39:34 EDT 2011

Hello thomas,

thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>, [20110408 - 16:52:53]

> Given the artifact, I'd say that you are using the GD renderer. Are
> you sure it's the AGG one that is being selected when you create that
> image?

At least I was, yes, but after looking at the _right_ mapfile it was
missing the AGG-rendering-options.

setting the following helps.
  IMAGETYPE aggpng

  #8bit png, supports transparency.
  OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME aggpng
     DRIVER AGG/PNG
     MIMETYPE "image/png"
     ## transparency only with RGBA Image Mode
     ## mapserver had to be compiled -with-experimental-png
     IMAGEMODE RGBA
     EXTENSION "png"
     FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
     FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
     FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_NEW=ON"
     TRANSPARENT ON
  END

Best regards

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998