[mapserver-users] fastcgi mode with raster layer?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:33:07 EDT 2011

Martin,
fastcgi will essentially give you speedups in these two cases:
 * with slow-to-open data connections (i.e. oracle, some gdal/ogr
datasources?) if you use "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
 * and/or when the cost of creation of a process becomes non
negligible compared to the time that the mapserv process will actually
be running for each request.

basically, there is little advantage of using fastcgi if your map
draws are heavy, or if you are not using oracle connections.

YMMV,

--
thomas