[mapserver-users] Re: handling multiple styles for WMS layers

aznan g8a at email.com
Tue Apr 12 09:33:24 EDT 2011

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing,
but I can't get the styles URL parameter to "stick". I modified the OGC
workshop slightly:

LAYER
  NAME rivers
  GROUP "Vectors"

  CLASSGROUP "blue"

  PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"
  END

  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  DATA ../data/rivers

  # how will this data look?
  CLASS
   NAME "Rivers-blue"
   GROUP "blue"
   COLOR 0 0 255
  END

  CLASS
   NAME "Rivers-red"
   GROUP "red"
   COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END

When I do a GetLegendGraphic using the following URL I still get a blue
river:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ms_ogc_workshop/service/config.map&version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=rivers&format=image/png&styles=red

Likewise, if I set CLASSGROUP to "red" I only get the red river even though
I specify "&styles=blue" in the URL.
What gives? Thanks!