[mapserver-users] Re: msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no options in 'init' file

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Apr 14 15:24:57 EDT 2011

No, no, no! I didn't solve it. I found out more specifically what the problem
is and have got a work around but I have not solved the problem as far as I
am concerned.

I have an epsg file in a proj directory on the MapServer host. As far as I
was concerned, MapServer is using that file to indicate which epsg
projections are supported. However, MapServer is obviously not looking at
that file because the projection in question definitely exists in it and
when I specifically point to the file's location within the Map file itself
(using the CONFIG PROJ_LIB directive), and thereby overriding where ever it
is MapServer is looking by default, everything works.

I need to know how to ensure the configuration of MapServer is properly
looking at the location I expect it to.

At http://mapserver.org/installation/unix.html, I see a
"--with-proj=/usr/local" compile option. What happens if someone didn't
include that when they compiled? Or, if that's not even possible, is there
any way to find out from the MapServer executable itself where it is looking
for the epsg file? And, further, if it is looking somewhere and doesn't find
one at all, does it use some kind of default list?