[mapserver-users] SLD support: Anyone for fixing 5 yr old tickets?

Hollingbery, Julian julho at kms.dk
Fri Apr 15 09:39:21 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I have just joined the list for the following reason: We have been
running SLD-enabled WMS services for some years now, on a closed source
platform. For that, and several other reasons, we are now looking at
using MapServer as a replacement. I have compared our existing platform
and MapServer 5.6.6, and have noticed a couple of incompatibilities.
After having looked around, I find that both of these issues exist as
old tickets:

We do not have the developer resources to provide patches, so I am
looking for someone to do it for us. Our migration is organized as a
project, for which we have some funds. Therefore, I am looking for
someone who would be willing to provide me with an estimate of what it
would cost (time and/or money) to come up with a patch.

Regarding #1602, what I would like to achieve is to highlight an object
given by a ogc:Filter, while rendering the remaining objects in that
layer in the default style. I could of course use an ElseFilter, but
since this is a question of providing backward compatibility, I'd prefer
not to. It is not exactly the same thing as in #1602, but it seems to me
that it might be the same fix.
My particular SLD looks something like this:

<StyledLayerDescriptor version="1.0.0"
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/sld"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">
	<NamedLayer>
		<Name>Jordstykke</Name>
		<UserStyle>
			<FeatureTypeStyle>
				<Rule>
					<ogc:Filter>
						<And>

<ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>

<ogc:PropertyName>landsejerlavskode</ogc:PropertyName>

<ogc:Literal>90552</ogc:Literal>

</ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>

<ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>

<ogc:PropertyName>matrikelnummer</ogc:PropertyName>

<ogc:Literal>7fv</ogc:Literal>

</ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
						</And>
					</ogc:Filter>
					<PolygonSymbolizer>
						<Fill>
							<CssParameter
name="fill">#0000FF</CssParameter>
							<CssParameter
name="fill-opacity">1</CssParameter>
						</Fill>
						<Stroke>
							<CssParameter
name="stroke">#FF0000</CssParameter>
							<CssParameter
name="stroke-width">3</CssParameter>
						</Stroke>
					</PolygonSymbolizer>
				</Rule>
			</FeatureTypeStyle>
		</UserStyle>
	</NamedLayer>
	<NamedLayer>
		<Name>Jordstykke</Name>
		<NamedStyle>
			<Name>default</Name>
		</NamedStyle>
	</NamedLayer>
</StyledLayerDescriptor>

Thanks in advance,
Julian Hollingbery
Danish Ministry of The Environment, National Survey and Cadastre