[mapserver-users] Re: msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no options in 'init' file

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Apr 15 15:32:22 EDT 2011

I can confirm that the PROJ_LIB environment variable is not set in the httpd
configuration file. Adding it has solved the problem. Yay!!

In addition, I got some answers to my questions regarding where MapServer
was getting this information if that environment variable wasn't in the
Apache configuration. By default, it was using a directory provided at
compile time, as suggested in a previous post. Obviously, that path wasn't
the same as the one we thought it was using.

Now we know and our choice is either to leave the PROJ_LIB environment
variable set or to just overwrite the epsg file in the proper location.

Special thanks to Jeff for his input here.