[mapserver-users] Validation example wanted

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 29 04:37:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

Could somebody tell how can I make my WMS requests to validate? I am sending WMS GetMaps with two extra parameters "tag" and "value" by adding them to the end of the request like &tag=amenity&value=supermarket.

Tag and value can be anything and they should be used inside the following LAYER-DATA

DATA "way from (select (way),osm_id,tags from osm_point where (tags @>'%tag%=>%value%')) as foo using unique osm_id using srid=3067"

I have tried to put a validation block in LAYER
VALIDATION
    tag "/./"
    value "/./"
END

I have also tried to add these two lines into WEB-METADATA
tag_validation_pattern "/./"
value_validation_pattern "/./"

Because I am here you can guess that my trials were not successful.

I am using MS 6.0 beta7.  Queries with tag and value worked with 5.6.1 version.

-Jukka Rahkonen-