[mapserver-users] free() methods in MapScript, compatibility MS 5.x and 6

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Fri Apr 29 13:40:42 EDT 2011

Alan

I used a script creating 3 different type of objects without applying
the "free" method, put it in a loop with 1M cycles and opened it in a
browser. Checking the memory usage of the Apache process while running
the script showed no increase of memory at all. So I would guess the
free() is not needed any more. Test was made with MS 5.6

Armin