[mapserver-users] WCS GetCoverage responses in multi-part mime format

Bryan Hempen bhempen at sciops.esa.int
Wed Aug 17 11:04:16 EDT 2011

Hi there!

I am currently setting up a WCS server using MapServer 5.6.5. I am
serving hyperspectral images and my goal is to visualize a subset of
bands within a BBOX in a webclient. This should work fine if WCS 1.1.0
GetCoverage requests would not return results in a multi-part mime
format as stated on
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html#getcoverage. Browsers can't
seem to deal with this type of format.

I can't use WCS 1.0.0 requests because they do not allow for subsetting
of bands.
Since I use MapServer version 5.6.5, WCS 2.0 is not supported, but if a
WCS 2.0 (as supported by MapServer 6.x) also returns GetCoverage
requests in a multi-part mime format it would be useless for me anyway.

Is there any way to turn off the response of WCS GetCoverage requests in
a multi-part mime format in MapServer?

If I upgrade to WCS 2.0, will I still have the same problem?

Or does anyone know how to make a browser visualize the image-part of
the reponse? I can't find anything useful on the web.

Thanks for your help,
Bryan

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure,

use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in

error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by

the sender.