[mapserver-users] using mod_wsgi with mapserver

Mukesh Subedee msubedee at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 17:59:07 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have configured and tested a simple application with mod_wsgi and found that its working properly. Now I am trying to use mod_wsgi with MapServer. I have configured my Apache virtual host for wsgi as:

Alias / /home/public_html/wsgi/
    <Directory /home/public_html/wsgi>

        Options ExecCGI Indexes
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.wsgi index.cgi

        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

        AddHandler wsgi-script .wsgi
        #AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

I tried running similarly as python mapscript but could not get the result. I could not find any example that uses mod_wsgi with mapscript. Anyone have any idea how it can be used? Any working example?

Thanks,